fun & fitness resources
Welcome to the City of San Marino's Virtual Recreation and Resource Center! We are proud to present this site for your use during these wild and difficult times. We are fully committed to enhancing your quality of life and improving your health while also having extraordinary experiences. Our Virtual Recreation Center will bring many programs and resources right to your fingertips for you and your loved ones to enjoy with the hope of making it easier for you to prioritize your health and well-being.
Do you have any ideas or resources that you would like to share? Email us at email@example.com!
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK!
La County Recreational Resources
Parks From Home Webpage: http://parks.lacounty.gov/virtual
La County Parks on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/lacountyparks
You may have found yourself watching a little too much TV lately and maybe you're feeling a bit sluggish. Well now is your opportunity to do some spring cleaning or address that chore you've been putting off since December! A little chore here and there can amount to some nice cardio sessions to help burn off those extra calories. Need more ideas for staying active? Click on the links below:
- Do Yoga with Me - Free yoga videos for all ages
- GoNoodle - Movement and Mindfulness Videos
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - Kid friendly yoga videos
- 87 Energy-Busting Indoor Games & Activities
- Fitness Blender - Variety of free fitness videos
- Nike Training Club - App filled with free fitness videos
- Fluency and Fitness - Educational brain breaks to help students review essential literacy and math skills, while getting in some exercise
- The OT Tool Box - At home OT, PT, and ST resources designed to build skills in children through movement and play
Although we are physically distanced from each other the wonderful thing about technology is you can connect with each other digitally! So remember to connect with others by doing any of the following activities:
- Call or video chat a friend or relative
- Write a letter
- Support a local restaurant that offers take out or delivery services
- Volunteer at a Food Bank or other organization that helps provides much-needed services to the community
- Take care of yourself, which can also entail talking with people you trust about your concerns or feelings
- Monterey Bay Aquarium - Head to the Aquarium through their live stream
- Virtual Museum Tours - Visit museums around the world through their virtual tours
- San Diego Zoo - Check our their live animal cams and videos
- Aquarium of the Pacific - A collection of webinars, live-cam footage, and classes for all ages
- Gardening - Guide to gardening for kids
- Smithsonian Zoos and Museums - Bring your child to the Smithsonian through their live videos
- PBS-At Home Learning - Free educational resources available
- Highlights Kids - Fun games, recipes, crafts & activities
- The Collections Podcast - Listen to a podcast produced by The Huntington Library, hosted by Huntington President Karen R. Lawrence
- Botanical Collections Tours - Locate and learn about thousands of flowers, plants, and trees held at The Huntington Library
- Daily Doodle lessons by Mo Willems
- FreeKidsCrafts - Lots of categories of ideas, templates, and print outs
- Crafts by Amanda - Free arts and crafts ideas
- Kids Think Design - Kids can explore careers in fashion design, graphic design, interior design, book design, film and theatre, and much more!
FUN "AT-HOME ACTIVITIES"
The San Marino Recreation Bingo card is here! How many activities can you check off during your Shelter-At-Home? Tag us on Instagram & Facebook showing which squares you accomplished! #sanmarinofunathome
Have fun with an indoor scavenger hunt! Search your home for the items listed and see how many you can find. Do any items have a special meaning or story? Share that story with your family! Share a photo with friends that are social distancing. Tell them your story in a phone call or video chat. Take a picture with your collection and use #sanmarinorec #funathome.
- A favorite book
- A stuffed animal
- 4 things that are blue
- A favorite toy
- A favorite fruit
Fort Night Fridays!
Every Friday during safer at home, build a fort in with your family. Tag us in your post and include #sanmarinorec #funathome.