APPLY NOW! Facade Improvement Grant and Fee Waivers
FACADE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
The purpose of this Program is to enhance economic opportunities in the District and encourage investment in the City. The program will provide financial assistance in the form of a grant to a commercial property and/or business owner to make façade improvements to commercial buildings located within the Central Business District in the City of San Marino.
The Pilot Program will help fund the improvement of a building’s storefront façade for up to a maximum amount of $10,000 . The Program will only fund projects that significantly improve the visual appearance of the whole façade of the property as viewed from the street. This pilot program will only be available from now to the end of the Fiscal Year (June 30, 2020), the Program is funded for only one project, so apply as soon as possible!
• Maximum grant amount per property/business owner is: $10,000.
• Property owner must submit plans and elevations with approved application.
• All applicable Planning and Building permits must be obtained from the City.
• Applicants for this program are exempt from Planning and Building permit fees.
(This fee exemption does include fees mandated by the State of California)
• Work must be completed within six (6) months of grant award.
• Only commercial and mixed-use buildings may apply. No residential properties.
• A payment of the grant fund will be made available at the conclusion of the construction.
• Only one grant will be awarded per building within a ten-year period.
• Limited to those storefronts that directly face Huntington Drive or San Marino Avenue/Sierra Madre Blvd.
• Any buildings with current zoning or building code violations are not eligible.
DOWNLOAD FAÇADE IMPROVEMENT APPLICATION
CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT APPLICATION FEE WAIVER