LIBRARY CURBSIDE SERVICE IS AVAILABLE
STEP 1: REQUEST
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to reserve what you want to pick up—books, magazines, DVDs and more. Choose one of the following options that works best for you, and make sure to have your library card ready. Although Crowell Public Library remains closed to the public, you can still check out our materials using curbside pickup. It's a safe and contact-free method that allows you to reserve, pick up and return library items in five easy steps.
- Option 1:
Place a hold through our library catalog at https://crowell.kohalibrary.com. Simply log in with your library barcode and PIN (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number).
- Option 2 (for three items or less):
Call the library at (626) 300-0777 during the weekday hours of 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (and on Thursdays until 7 p.m.) and request your materials over the phone.
- Option 3 (for three items or less):
Email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your full name, phone number, the book title(s) and author(s) names, and library account number.
STEP 2: WAIT
- We get it—waiting is the hardest part. Please give us up to two business days (although we usually work faster) to search for, collect and prepare your materials. We’ll call you once your request is available for pickup.
- Please note that some items may be currently checked out by another patron. By placing a hold, you’ll be added to a waiting list for the item, and we’ll let you know when it’s your turn to enjoy it.
STEP 3: PICK UP
- Come and get it! Once you arrive in the library’s rear parking lot during curbside pickup hours, give us a call at (626) 300-0777. Library staff will place your reserved materials on a table adjacent to your vehicle so that you can collect them safely. While you’re here, please remember to wear a mask and maintain 6 feet of distance between you and others.
STEP 4: ENJOY
- That’s the best part, right? And if you’re inclined to do so, help other patrons enjoy (or avoid) the title(s) you selected by sending us a brief review that we can share with others.
STEP 5: RETURN
- All good things must come to an end. Drop off your materials by the due date to the book bin in the library’s parking lot (located near the exit driveway at West Drive). In keeping with safety standards, all returned materials will remain untouched for 36 hours before being made available to other patrons (you will not incur late fees for the quarantine period).