2020 Voting Information
For the November 2020 election, there will be one in-person Vote Center in San Marino located at: Huntington Middle School - 1700 Huntington Drive, San Marino. Prior to the election, it will be open daily from 10/30 through 11/2 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. On Election Day, it will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Voters may vote or drop off their Vote by Mail ballot at any Vote Center in Los Angeles County. Click here to find other Vote Center locations.
In order to have a safe voting experience, please plan to do the following when visiting a Vote Center:
- Wear a face covering while at the Vote Center or waiting in line. Face coverings and gloves will be available for voters if requested.
- Maintain physical distance of at least six feet from people not in your household. This will be enforced while waiting in line and throughout the check-in and voting process.
- Use hand sanitizer before approaching the check-in station and after voting. Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entry and exit of the Vote Center. Hand sanitizer will also be available at key stations during the voting process.
- Bring your Sample Ballot and use the Interactive Sample Ballot to pre-mark selections to assist with check-in and help speed up the process.
- Follow any additional guidance provided at your voting location, such as directional signage.
There is also a Vote by Mail Drop Box located in front of City Hall at 2200 Huntington Drive. The Drop Box offers a secure 24 hour location to drop off your ballots now through Election Day. Ballots are collected every 24 hours by election workers now through Election Day.
Voters may submit their ballot at any Drop Box in LA County. Click here to find other Drop Box locations.
Vote by Mail Drop Box Information - English
Vote by Mail Drop Box Information - Chinese
Vote by Mail
Ballots placed in the mail must be postmarked today, November 3, to be counted.
Where's My Ballot
Voters can track their ballot's status, including when it has been mailed, received, and counted at California.ballottrax.net
Interactive Sample Ballot
The Interactive Sample Ballot is an optional tool that can expedite your voting experience by allowing voters to access, review and mark their selections prior to going to a Vote Center. It is a digital version of your sample ballot booklet that will allow you to make selections and generate a Poll Pass. The Poll Pass is a QR code containing your selections. You can transfer your selections from your Poll Pass to a Ballot Marking Device at any vote center.
Click here for more information and to fill our your Interactive Sample Ballot.
For additional voting information, please visit www.lavote.net.
city council Election Overview
The following information is provided as an overview of the election process for a seat on the City Council of the City of San Marino.
Historically, the City of San Marino has conducted its General Municipal Election in November of odd-numbered years (set by Ordinance No. O-10-1239). Elections are consolidated with the county and are held on the first Tuesday, following the first Monday in November of odd numbered years. Terms are staggered so that three seats are available during one election cycle and two seats are available during the next cycle. Note: After the November 2019 election, the City of San Marino will switch to even-year elections to follow a new state law that requires us to align our local elections with the State of California. Because of this, Council Members elected in 2017 and 2019 are serving 5-year terms. Our next election will be held in 2022.
2019 ELECTION - NOVEMBER 5, 2019
The November 5, 2019 election was a general municipal election. Two City Council seats and Measure SM - the Public Safety Parcel Tax - were on the ballot. More information can be found below.
- Notice of General Municipal Election
- Notice of General Municipal Election (Chinese)
- Notice of General Municipal Election (Spanish)
- Notice to Voters of Dates After Which No Arguments and Rebuttal Arguments for Or Against a City Measure May be Submitted to the City Clerk
- Notice of Nominees for Public Office