Tree Rebate Program
HOW THE TREE REBATE PROGRAM WORKS
- Purchase one (1) qualifying tree between now and June 30, 2021. The Heritage tree must be at least fifteen (15) gallons in size and cost a minimum of $50, including any taxes. A fifteen (15) gallon tree is valued at a $50 rebate. A 24 inch box tree is valued at a $100 rebate and a 36 inch box tree is valued at a $250 rebate. Tree must be planted in the front yard area. If there is no room to plant the tree in the front yard area, the tree may be planted in the rear yard. All efforts must be made to plant the tree in the front yard area.
- Complete your application online or by mail. Attach a copy of your receipt and photos of the tree, indicating the date of purchase, supplier name and address, size of the tree, and total price of the tree.
- Submit or mail your completed application. Applications must be postmarked or submitted electronically by June 30, 2021.
- Plant your tree within 15 days of purchase.
- Plant on a property owned by you. If you do not own the property, you must obtain consent from the owner prior to planting. Tree must be planted within the city limits.
- Plant at least 10 feet away from the foundation of any buildings.
- Do not plant within utility easements. If the tree(s) is expected to exceed a maximum height of 25 feet when fully grown, plant at least 20 feet away from overhead utility lines.
- Do not plant in a location that will obstruct any line of sight for traffic.