Rules & Regulations
The City Council requires group reservations for civic, school, church, club, or private functions. Reservations must be made by obtaining a reservation permit at City Hall prior to the time of the event and are subject to the park director's and city manager's approval.
Except for unusual and unforeseen emergencies Lacy Park shall be open to the public every day of the year at the hours posted in the park except Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day.
Rules & Regulations for Group Permits
The following regulations are necessary and appropriate for the proper utilization of Lacy Park facilities:
- Alcoholic beverage or drunkenness is not allowed.
- Control of noise levels from stereos, radios, musical instruments, or any other source will be strictly enforced.
- Destruction, cutting, or removal of flowers, shrubs, plants, or trees is prohibited.
- Dogs are allowed, if kept on a leash (at all times) and under full control. Leash cannot exceed five feet in length. Owners must pick up after their dogs within five minutes.
- Fires or braziers are not allowed.
- Fireworks, explosives, archery, air guns, sling-shots, hunting or trapping equipment, or firearms are not allowed to be used or in one's possession.
- Loitering in or around restrooms and littering of grounds is prohibited.
- Motor vehicle or motor scooters are not allowed.
- Parking of motor vehicles must be in designated and marked areas.
- Racing of bicycles, flying of model airplanes, or possession of any motorized racer is prohibited.
- Shoes with cleats, playing of hard ball, or the use of golf clubs is not allowed.
- The park is free to all on weekdays. On Saturdays and Sundays a nominal fee is charged to nonresidents.