Fourth of July Events
Community Street Team Pop-ups:
Monday, June 28:
- Virtual City Hall Lighting Ceremony - Video will be posted on city social media accounts.
- Visit the patriotic selfie station at Lacy Park and sparkle like the Fourth of July!
- Bring your family for a fun and educational stroll around Lacy Park's outer loop. During your stroll read fun facts and answer trivia questions about Independence Day.
Tuesday, June 29:
- Red, White & Brew: San Marino residents 55+ will recieve a free coffee at Startbucks (San Marino) from 7-8AM. Proof of residency is required. Supplies are limited.
- Meet our street team at Crowell Public Library or Lacy Park at 3:30PM to recieve your Fourth of July festive bling. Supplies are limited.
Wednesday, June 30:
- As American as Apple Pie Giveaway: San Marino residents 55+ will recieve a free mini apple pie at Lacy Park from 8-10AM. Proof of residency is required. Supplies are limited.
- Snow & Stripes Forever Free Shaved Ice Giveaway: Come enjoy a free summer treat to beat the heat at Lacy Park at 3:00PM. Supplies are limited.
- Star Spangled Visor & Patriotic Star Ornament free crafts at Lacy Park at 3:00PM. Supplies are limited.
Thursday, July 1:
- Snap, Crackle, Popsicle Giveaway at Lacy Park near the playground at 3:30PM. Supplies are limited.
- Bounce on over to Lacy Park for a Patriotic Beach Ball Giveaway at 3:30PM. Supplies are limited.
- Chalk it Up at Lacy Park: Meet the Community Services Street Team near the Rose Garden at Lacy Park to "Chalk It UP" at 3:30PM.
Patriotic Home Decorating Contest:
Let’s turn San Marino red, white, and blue and help bring some patriotic spirit to this year’s Fourth of July! Decorate your home with all the stars and stripes, flags, and patriotic décor you can find! San Marino residents can pick up a free home decorating starter kit starting June 14 from the Community Services Department at 1560 Pasqualito Drive. Please bring proof of residency. One kit per household. Supplies are limited.
How to Enter:
Prizes will be awarded based on three categories: Most Creative, Most Patriotic, and Judge’s Choice. The winner in each category will receive a $100 gift card to a local business and a recognition lawn sign. Winners will be announced at cityofsanmarino.org/fourth on Thursday, July 1.
All households are encouraged to post your pictures on social media and use the hashtag #sanmarino4th.
Submit an entry form and one photo of your decorated home below. You will receive a confirmation email from the Community Services Department once your entry has been received.
Contest is only open to San Marino residents. Entries must be submitted by 5PM on June 24, 2021.