City Manager's Office
The city manager is the chief executive officer of the city and is responsible for administration of the day-to-day affairs of the city, subject to the policy direction of the City Council.
The city manager's responsibilities include:
- Assisting the City Council in identifying policy priorities.
- Ensuring that priorities established by council are addressed in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
- Serving as the role of coordinating the efforts of the various city departments.
- Keeping the City Council apprised of matters dealing with general operations, finance, personnel, legislation, litigation, and other items of city business.
- Preparing and administering the city budget.
- Developing long- and short-range plans for budget implementation in a manner consistent with the programs and appropriations established by the City Council.
The city manager is appointed by, and serves at the pleasure of, the City Council. The city manager, in turn, is the appointing authority for all positions of employment in the city.