Providing Quick, Easy Access to Information
The goal of the City Clerk's Office is to provide the public with quick and easy access to public information and records.
To meet this goal, we continually strive to make it easier and quicker to get the information you are seeking by constantly adding public records on the City's website and by using the latest technology to digitally store and retrieve documents in our office.
If you are unsure exactly what document you are looking for, the City Clerk will help you ascertain what you need and determine the quickest way for you to get the information.
Below is a list of some of the records that are currently available on this website.
- Public Meeting Agendas
- Minutes of all Public Meetings
- Complete agenda packets, including staff reports, for City Council meetings
- Municipal Code
- Records Management Policies
How to Request a Public Record
The California Public Records Act (California Government Code §6250 et. seq.) provides the public with important rights to obtain access to records held by public agencies in the state. The City of San Marino is committed to providing reasonable access to all public records, with the exception of those documents exempt from disclosure by express provisions of law or considered confidential or privileged under the law.
The City of San Marino encourages public records requests be submitted in writing (email is acceptable) in order to assist staff in responding efficiently to your request. In accordance with the Public Records Act, the city has 10 calendar days to respond to any request for public documents by indicating whether or not the documents exist and/or making the documents available.
Record Request Procedure
There are just four easy steps in requesting a public record:
- Fill out the Request for Public Records Form to identify each requested record or document. Please be as specific as possible. Non-specific inquiries may cause delayed response times.
- Submit the completed form to the City Clerk’s Office via email at CityClerk@cityofsanmarino.org, fax (626-300-0709), or U.S. Postal Mail: 2200 Huntington Dive, San Marino, CA 91108.
- The City Clerk’s Office staff will determine if the city has documents responsive to your request and respond to you within 10 calendar days of receiving the form. You will also be informed of any reproduction charges.
- If you would like to review the original documents at the City Clerk’s Office, please contact staff to arrange an appointment time. If you would like to receive copies of the requested documents, remit the indicated reproduction fees to the City Clerk’s Office.
If you have questions about obtaining public records, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 626-300-0705.